- Outdoor crops
- Minimum of 25 ml mite mixture per m2 sprinkled carefully on the leaves of the crop.
- Greenhouse/Indoor crops
- Application of 1 litre mite mix per 50-100 m2, sprinkled carefully on the leaves of the crop.
- A repeat application 2 weeks later is recommended to ensure establishment
- High value or thrips susceptible crops benefit from weekly or fortnightly applications
- Can provide some protection from two spotted mites (TSM) when TSM densities are low
- To control broad mites and cyclamen mites (Steneotarsonemus pallidus) on strawberries, it is recommended to apply at least 1 Mite-A™ per 10 pest mites, around 1 litre per 25-50m2
Mite-A™ is dispatched via courier and should reach you within 1 to 2 days.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight
- Keep in darkness and in a cool environment – ideal temperature 10-15 ° C.
- DO NOT REFRIGERATE
- Apply to the crop as soon as possible, ideally within 1-2 days
Mite-A™ disperse rapidly on release and aggregate on high-density patches of thrips larvae.
An immediate effect on thrips populations is usually not observed, as feeding by the predator is mostly restricted to early immature stages of thrips.
Thrips populations should be closely monitored to determine whether additional Mite-A™ need to be released, or a selective chemical application is needed to reduce adult thrips number.
Before introducing Mite-A™ into your crop please check residual chemical affects and ensure you know chemical compatibilities of products that may be applied.
Important Shipping Information & Delays:
NO LOCAL PICK UP: This product is drop-shipped by the manufacturer to ensure you receive the highest quality biological agents in the best possible condition and is therefore not available for local pick up.
EMAIL REQUIRED: An email address MUST be provided in order for Bioforce to process and dispatch your order, and to ensure you receive your parcel tracking details to keep an eye on any delivery updates from the courier. You want these guys busy in your backyard, not dying in a postal depot if you miss the delivery!
DELAYS: Due to huge demand for biological control, there is a back log of orders and there will most likely be a delay in the Bioforce team shipping your products. Depending on the breeding rate and order volume at the Bioforce grounds, you could see delays of 2-4 weeks, or possibly more, so please - do not order unless you are prepared to wait.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further queries.